Nothing says summer like iced tea and boy does my significant other make a good one!
I have embarked on a 30-day no alcohol challenge this summer and in light of this Mat decided to make me a fun summer drink - Sparkling Kombucha Iced Green Tea.
It's a perfect after-dinner drink for sipping on the balcony, porch, beachside or on the dock. Lemon stimulates liver detoxification, spearmint aids digestion and cools, lemongrass & kombucha aid immunity & green tea boasts major antioxidant properties.
Here's how to whip up this delicious, refreshing drink in no time:
- 8 tea bags, Yogi Tea Kombucha Green Tea (contains green tea, spearmint, lemongrass, and Kombucha)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 Tbsp honey like this from Sweet Pure Honey
- 2 cups sparkling water
- 1 lemon
- 4 sprigs of mint
- Brew 8 tea bags in 2 cups of boiling water. This may seem like an odd ratio, but iced tea has a tendency to lose strength of flavour so using more teabags is crucial. Add honey. Let cool for 1 hour.
- Combine brewed tea and honey and sparkling water.
- Cut lemon in half crosswise. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 the lemon into the iced tea. Cut the remaining lemon into thin wheels for garnish. Top with mint & enjoy.
Tip: Replace the sparkling water with ice to make a slushy iced tea instead.