Yep! You heard me - brownies. Yum! But these raw brownies are healthy with brain-beneficial cacao, heart-healthy nuts and coconut oil, and poo-friendly dates. Believe me - they taste just as good as the real thing. I wouldn't lie about that as I am a brownie lover!
I have spent the past week trying out recipes to come up with the perfect, no-bake, chocolatey, gooey treat so I could share it with all of you.
And here it is - Enjoy!
- 12 Medjool dates, soaked (soak them by covering them in water for 10 minutes)
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 Tbsp raw cacoa powder (I really like this one from Organic Traditions)
- 2 tsp melted coconut butter
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (leave out if your diet is sugar-free)
- I like to start out by grinding the dates into a paste. They can be tricky to deal with so add them into the processor 2 at a time until a paste has formed. Now, use a spatula to scrape out the paste into a bowl and set it aside.
- Grind the hazelnuts and almonds on high until they have formed a nut flour.
- Add in the sea salt and cacao powder. You'll begin to notice the chocolately flavor now.
- Gradually add in coconut butter, almond butter and dates allowing the food processor time to catch up with the thick mixture. If you need to, use the pulse setting until well mixed.
- Use a spatula to scrape this mixture either into an 8"x8" square baking dish or roll the mixture into tablespoon-sized balls. Serve & enjoy. Any leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
NOTE: I recommend a really good food processor for this recipe!