In honour of National Peanut Butter Day, I have whipped up a delicious (trust me - I tested it this morning) granola recipe for you to enjoy.
This yummy recipe works for breakfast or as a snack over yogurt or milk of your choice, and sprinkled with berries! It has lots of protein and healthy fat (from peanut butter, pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds), so it will keep you satisfied throughout the morning.
It's a great recipe to whip up ahead of time to be prepared for a week of breakfasts.
It works well if you are vegan and/or gluten-free.
Keep it stored in an air-tight container for up to a week.
Peanut Buttery Granola
1/2 cup all-natural, sugar-free peanut butter
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup olive or coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3 cups gluten-free oats
1 cup hemp hearts
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. You may want to warm up your peanut butter ahead of time for easy mixing.
3. Add oats and seeds 1 cup at time being sure to thoroughly coat in the peanut butter mixture.
4. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes being sure to stir every 10 minutes to keep the edges from burning.
5. Let cool completely before storing.
Thank you for reading!
P.S. Want to share it?
P. P.S. If you enjoyed this recipe, I think you’ll love my blog post on Building a Better Breakfast.