Because apparently all I can do these days is create yummy granola recipes.
I had to share this one because it is a favourite in my house. You know it's good when your husband gobbles it!
This recipe works for breakfast or as a snack over yogurt or milk of your choice, and sprinkled with berries! It has lots of protein and healthy fat (from nuts and seeds galore), so it will keep you satisfied!
I like to prepare it on a Sunday so it keeps for a week of breakfasts.
It works well if you are vegan and/or gluten-free.
Keep it stored in an air-tight container for up to a week.
Nutty Cinnamony Granola
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup pecans
1/2 cup almonds
2 cups gluten-free oats
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup dried, unsweetened, uncultured cranberries
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Combine the first 6 ingredients in a small saucepan and warm over medium heat so that it all melts together. Set aside.
3. In a food processor, or in a plastic bag using a mallet, crush the pecans and almonds until broken up into small pieces. Pour into a large bowl.
4. Add the remaining ingredients except the cranberries. Stir to combine. Then pour the liquid mixture over the nuts and seeds mixture. Stir until everything is coated.
4. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes being sure to stir every 10 minutes to keep the edges from burning.
5. Let cool completely before storing.
Thank you for reading!
P. S. If you enjoyed this recipe, then you may enjoy my recipe for Peanut Butter-y Granola.
P. P.S. If you enjoyed this recipe, I think you’ll love my blog post on Building a Better Breakfast.