I made this delicious arugula frittata recipe for Mother's Day Brunch. It was tasty and filling. Making frittatas ahead of time to have ready for breakfast each morning is the perfect way to be ready for the day without the typical morning rush. They keep well in the fridge for at least 3 days. The rest of our delicious Mother's Day feast can be found here.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin coconut oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 large potatoes, thinly sliced (preferably with a mandoline)
- 3 handfuls fresh arugula
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (of your choice)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk together. Set aside.
- Heat coconut oil and garlic in a skillet over medium heat until golden. Then remove and discard garlic, keeping coconut oil in the pan.
- Toss potatoes and onions in a large bowl along with salt and pepper. Then add to the skillet with coconut oil. Cook, turning often, until golden – about 10 minutes.
- Slowly add in arugula handful by handful until it has cooked down.
- Then add the egg and milk mixture stirring just enough to ensure everything is evenly combined. Then place the skillet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked on top. Cool and serve.