*Requires overnight chilling*
This dish is perfect for breakfast or dessert.
1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened, vanilla almond milk
3⁄4 cup chia seeds
1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 pinch of salt
2 tsp honey or maple syrup
1/2 pound fresh, organic strawberries - washed and quartered
400ml can of chilled coconut milk. Be sure it’s as natural as possible without additives and fillers otherwise it will not separate appropriately. After it has chilled overnight, there should be a thick cream layer and a liquid layer.
1 tsp honey or maple syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla
- In a medium-sized glass bowl combine almond milk, vanilla, salt and maple syrup. Add the chia seeds and stir until well combined.
- Place in the fridge overnight or for 3 hours.
- Place your can of coconut milk in a medium-sized mixing bowl and place in the fridge to chill overnight, too. Be careful not to shake the coconut cream as it will not separate properly.
- The next morning, once the chia pudding has set, add in the quartered strawberries. Reserve a few for garnish.
- Prepare your whipped coconut cream by opening the can and scraping out the thickened cream layer. Do not use the liquid.
- Mix on high for 5 minutes, then add in honey and vanilla. Then continue mixing for another 10 minutes, or until the cream is fluffy and holding peaks.
- Separate the chia pudding into your serving bowls and top with coconut cream and remaining strawberries.