Exercise should be a part of your daily life, but it doesn't have to be monotonous and repetitive. In fact, switching up your routine as often as possible helps to achieve optimal health. Now that the fine weather is upon us why not take your workout outdoors.
Here's a fun outdoor cardio circuit. Save it or print it out and take it with you to the park on a sunny day - why not bring your kids and animals, too.
Where? Any local park or even your backyard preferably with a hill & either a tree or monkey bars.
Equipment? At the most - a rock (optional) and a timer.
What? Check out the plan below...
1. Uphill Sprint
2. Push-Ups - 12 reps
3. Downhill Jog
4. Uphill Sprint
5. Stationary Bodyweight Lunges – 20 reps/side (hold a rock for extra weight)
6. Downhill Jog
7. Uphill Sprint
8. Reverse Pull-Ups – as many as you can do
9. Downhill Jog
10. Uphill Sprint
11. Plank - 30-60 seconds
12. Downhill Jog
13. Uphill Sprint
14. Body Weight Squat - 30 reps
15. Downhill Jog
16. Uphill Sprint
17. Triangle Push-Ups - 10 reps
18. Downhill Jog
19. Uphill Sprint
20. Side Plank - 30-60 seconds
21. Downhill Jog
22. Uphill Sprint
23. Hanging Leg Raise (hold onto a tree branch or monkey bars) - 20-30 reps
24. Downhill Jog
25. Uphill Sprint
26. Shoulder Press (with a rock) - 15 reps
27. Downhill Jog