Happy St. Patrick's Day 2018!
I asked my husband the other day the last time he went out for St. Patrick's Day and he replied "university". Right. I think my last time was in naturopathic medical school about 6 or 7 years ago. So, since green beers have now been replaced by green teas, I thought a green tea recipe would be appropriate today. Especially if you're like me and running around looking after a toddler today instead of running around to different pubs.
I have been experimenting with bulletproof matcha latte's lately.
Here's the product of my hard work in the kitchen...
1/2-1 tsp matcha green tea (I picked mine up from David's tea)
1 cup almond milk (I know that coconut would technically be more "bulletproof" but I can't stand coconut. Feel free to use coconut milk in your recipe.)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup hot water (Ideally at green tea temperature of about 170 degrees Fahrenheit. One of my favourite purchases of all time - on points, mind you - is my Breville IQ kettle which allows me to pick the water temperature based on the type of tea I'm using. So key for a tea granny like me.)
1 Tbsp Bulletproof MCT oil (or coconut oil - again, I don't like coconut at all so I use the MCT oil)
1 Tbsp ghee
1 scoop collagen protein (I used Organika)
1 tsp raw honey or maple syrup
1. Warm milk of your choice in a small saucepan.
2. While it's warming, bring your water to the proper temperature. Once it's ready, place your green tea in a bowl and whisk in the water.
3. Place all ingredients except the protein in a high-powered blender. I use a Vitamix.
4. Blend for a few seconds until things are getting foamy.
5. Add in your protein powder and blend for a few more seconds.
6. Pour into your favourite mug and enjoy!