Could you pack anymore delicious things into these wonderful muffins?!? I think not! I got creative in the kitchen this past weekend and went on, what my husband calls, a baking binge. Baking calms me. It provides me with beautiful, dependable & delicious results. Oddly enough, if I hadn't followed my calling to become a naturopathic doctor, I would have become a pastry chef instead. A healthy pastry chef, that is!
Enjoy these yummy muffins with a warm cup of tea, a swipe of all-natural nut butter, and a piece of fruit for a complete meal. Yum!
Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
1/2 cup spelt flour (you could change this for a gluten-free blend instead)
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 medium bananas, mashed
1/4 cup all-natural peanut butter
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup full-fat, plain, Greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup maple syrup
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and line your muffin tin with liners.
2. Whisk together all dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Combine all wet ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Incorporate dry ingredients into wet ingredients until the mixture is well combined. If you notice it is too thick you can add a bit more yogurt.
4. Fill each muffin liner until it is about 3/4 full.
5. Bake for 18 minutes or until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.
6. Let cool & enjoy!